Code That Made Me Cry, #CTMMC™

95% of all code makes me cry. The other 5% are white space.

The Unary + (JavaScript, #26 / 50)

parseInt('2e3',10) === 2;  //true. This is supposed to be 2000
+'2e3' === 2000;           //true. This one's correct.

parseInt("0xf", 10) === 0; //true. This is supposed to be 15
+'0xf' === 15;             //true. This one's correct.        

When I want some entropy in my UI, I just parse a couple of strings into ints. No one sane remembers how this works, so it might just as well be considered a random number generator. Answer given by Joseph the Dreamer

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/a/17106701/521799

comments powered by Disqus

Submit your own Code That Made You Cry

Send us your own example of code that made you cry! Please include:

Send the above to ctmmc@datageekery.com. All accepted submissions will be licensed as CC BY-SA 3.0. Submit only code of a compatible license.

Note that we may choose not to publish some submissions if we feel they're not appropriate. We hope you understand.

Don't let your SQL code make you cry!

Use jOOQ, instead of JDBC.

jOOQ generates Java code from your database and lets you build typesafe SQL queries through its fluent API.

Don't let your SQL code make you cry! Get back in control of your SQL with jOOQ.